1) Urge Gov. Whitmer and your representatives to take action on climate change. Send an email urging equitable action now to move Michigan to carbon neutrality.
2) Educate your representatives and policymakers about climate change. Any time you can meet with your lawmaker to express your concern for action on climate, you help to spur action. Check out our talking points, the guide to running a good meeting, and sample letters to the editor.
3) Organize your community for 100% clean energy. Local action on climate change is an important way to make progress towards 100% clean energy and build momentum for this action at the state and federal levels. Many cities around the country and in Michigan are committing to 100% clean energy goals, and it often just takes a handful of committed citizens. See our toolkit for local action. Start organizing your community today!
4) Work to shut down Line 5. The Line 5 oil pipeline threatens not only the Great Lakes but our warming climate. Join the campaign that has the best chance of shutting down an operating pipeline and help to force a transition to cleaner forms of energy.
5) Join MiCAN as a member. People and organizations that are part of our network make our climate movement strong.
6) Attend climate events in your area and invite others to get involved. Together, we can make a difference.
7) Donate to MiCAN to support our work to build our climate movement, elevate climate as a top issue, and move forward solutions.
Thinking will not overcome fear but action will. - W. Clement Stone