1) Vote and Get Out The Vote! Get to the polls on Tuesday, November 6th from 7am to 8pm! Encourage your friends to vote by sharing our Get Out the Vote video on social media - here are the links for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. And know your rights! Your ballot will always be secret, and if you are in line when the polls close, you get to vote no matter what.
2) Educate your candidates and policymakers about climate change. During and right after an election are often times when our policymakers are the most available and open to meeting with constituents and an important time to educate them on climate change. Check out our talking points, guide to running a good meeting, and sample letters to the editor.
3) Organize your community for 100% clean energy. Local action on climate change is an important way to make progress towards 100% clean energy and build momentum for this action at the state and federal levels. Many cities around the country and in Michigan are committing to 100% clean energy goals, and it often just takes a handful of committed citizens. We have a whole toolkit for local action, check it out. Start organizing your community today!
4) Join MiCAN as a member. People and organizations that are part of our network make our climate movement strong.
5) Donate to MiCAN to support our work to build our climate movement, elevate climate as a top issue, and move forward solutions.
Thinking will not overcome fear but action will. - W. Clement Stone