1) Tell Congress and President Biden to Invest in Climate Infrastructure. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pass infrastructure bills that consider climate and help us to build the future we want. We cannot waste this moment. Take two minutes to send an email to the President and your representatives, telling them to invest in climate infrastructure and renewable energy NOW to make communities like Detroit more resilient to the impacts of climate change.
2) Work to shut down Line 5 and prevent an oil tunnel. The Line 5 oil pipeline threatens not only the Great Lakes but our warming climate. Join the campaign that has the best chance of shutting down an operating pipeline and help to force a transition to carbon-free energy.
3) Educate your representatives and policymakers about climate change. Any time you can meet with your lawmaker to express your concern for action on climate, you help to spur action. Check out our talking points, the guide to running a good meeting, and sample letters to the editor.
4) Join MiCAN as a member. People and organizations that are part of our network make our climate movement strong.
5) Attend climate events in your area and invite others to get involved. Together, we can make a difference.
6) Donate to MiCAN to support our work to build our climate movement, elevate climate as a top issue, and move forward solutions.
Thinking will not overcome fear but action will. - W. Clement Stone