Wednesday, August 16, 2023
The Rapid Laker Line Operations Center
851 Freeman Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
As the nation marks the one-year anniversary of the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), West Michigan’s sustainable business and environmental community will gather to celebrate the vision, investments and program implementation of the IRA in the region and state.
On August 16, 2022, President Biden signed the IRA into law. Combined with the prior year’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, it is a generational investment in addressing the climate crisis that has already brought $246 million to Michigan between the two bills and more than $20 billion in private sector investment, and stands to create some 142,000 jobs nationwide.
Organized by West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum, West Michigan Environmental Action Council and The Rapid, the event is co-sponsored by Climate Action Campaign and 17 business and community organizations working to promote climate solutions in West Michigan.
- Congresswoman Hillary Scholten (MI-3)
- Cory Connolly, Director, Office of Climate and Energy, Michigan Department of Great Lakes, Environment and Energy
- Deirdre Courtney Nieves, Director of Climate Solutions and Justice, West Michigan Environmental Action Council
- Kaylee Moreno-Burke, Director of Programs & Strategy, West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Kareem Scales, Co-Chair, Community Collaboration on Climate Change
- Doug Matthews, Assistant City Manager Doug Matthews, City of Grand Rapids
- Daniel Schoonmaker, Executive Director, West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum
Doors open with reception at 3 pm. Program at 4 pm. Birthday cake celebration at 4:30 pm.