RSVP1 person is attending
Saturday, August 31, 2019
Conkling Heritage Park
335 S Huron Ave
Mackinaw City, MI 49701
It's time for the second annual Water is Life Festival! This celebration of our water and those who work to protect it will be held from 12pm-6pm on Saturday, August 31 in Mackinaw City. Come and enjoy live music, visionary speakers, and native performers from northern Michigan!
Let's envision a post-Line 5 Michigan together. Bring the whole family, including leashed pets!
- 12 pm – Opening welcome with festival founder and organizer, Jannan Cornstalk / hand drum singers
- 12:15 – Music from Caroline Barlow – Professional folky, member of the North Carolines, and organizer with Bliss Fest
- 12:30 – Darryl Brown – Eagle and Condor Prophecy Teachings
- 12:45 – Music from Sean Miller – Guitarist and singer-songwriter from Petoskey, member of The Real Ingredients, and arts/entertainment reporter for Petoskey News.
- 1:00 – Music from Victor McManemy – folk balladeer and seasoned protest singer
- 1:30 – Markie Miller interview – Toledoans For Safe Water organizer most directly involved with the development of the Lake Erie Bill of Rights.
- 2:00 – The audience participates in a collective art project!
- 3:30 – Music from Seth Bernard – Michigan’s musical activist ambassador, Earthwork Music founder, Title Track and Clean Water Campaign for Michigan founder and executive director.
- 4:00 – Eliza Thorp – Northern Michigan pianist and vocalist whose debut album John Sinkevics of Local Spins says, “…unfolds subtly and brilliantly, with gorgeous, thought-provoking lyrics that reflect her northern Michigan upbringing…”
- 4:30 – speaker/stage announcements/gratitude
- 4:45 – Molly – Musician, vocalist, songwriter whose emotive style of singing and thoughtful lyrics make for a moody, eclectic, joyous, and colorful soulful expression.
- 5:30 – closing JAM
Please RSVP here as well as register at their Facebook event.