Wednesday, February 28, 2018
400 Boardman Ave
2nd Floor Training Room
Traverse City, MI 49684
Do you represent a hospital system, local government, university, or school district? This workshop series is for you!
Compared to private and residential sectors, municipalities, schools, and hospitals generally invest less in energy waste reduction and renewable energy initiatives due to unique financial and time constraints. The community energy management approach can free up capital to reinvest in future projects, reduce or eliminate large variable costs that public organizations face, and help organizations better manage financial resources for the benefit of constituents, patients, and students. Robust community energy management makes organizations more resilient, nimble, and proactive in a changing landscape.
The Community Energy Management program will provide assistance with a diverse set of energy needs through a diverse set of workshops. Participants also receive technical assistance and coaching from a dedicated EcoWorks energy manager. Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to apply for one-on-one consulting to further develop priority projects in the second half of the program period.
1) February 28: Team building, SMART goal setting, and integrating energy management planning into other organizational plans
2) March 28: Benchmarking, revolving energy fund establishment, and project financing
3) May 30: Empowering an energy manager, implementing policy recommendations, and engaging stakeholders
- NO financial commitment: Our time and expenses are funded by the Michigan Energy Office. Participants are required to include considerations for energy waste reduction in Capital Improvements Plans.
- Staff support: We require that an organizational representative attend all three convenings and serve as a primary contact. Access to energy-use data and related documents will make the program more impactful.
- Reporting: documented in-kind and project-related invoices are requested to support the federal match requirements.