Sunday, November 19, 2023
Duration of Workshop: 1 full day (11 am - 6 pm ET)
Workshop Description: In times of war, wellness can be a fleeting concept. We want to express our deepest understanding of the grief and pain many are experiencing during these difficult times. It is not easy to bear witness to such unimaginable human suffering, and the feeling of helplessness can be overwhelming. But please know that you are not alone in your feelings, and that Black Women’s Blueprint launched Restore Forward exactly for such times, to offer unwavering support.
As the world around us is marred by the horrors of war, it is natural to feel the heavy weight of sorrow and despair. The toll it takes on our hearts and minds can be truly unbearable, as many of us grapple with our own stance and ways of coping. We want you to understand that your grief is valid and that you do not need to carry this burden alone.
Grief is a deeply personal and universal human experience, intensified during times of war when individuals, communities, and the world grapple with loss, trauma, and upheaval. We extend an invitation to Navigating Grief in Times of War: Individual, Communal, and Global Perspectives. This full day workshop focuses on the profound experience of grieving together during wartime. It is a safe space where individuals who understand the pain of war can come together, share their stories, and find solace in each other's company. This workshop aims to explore the multifaceted nature of grief and provide insights into how we can cope with it as individuals, support one another within our communities, and foster global healing during times of conflict. We believe that joining this workshop could provide you with an opportunity to connect with others who are going through similar hardships, to open up and share your own experiences, and to find a sense of community that can be a source of strength and healing during these dark times.
Please take your time to consider this invitation, and remember Black Women’s Blueprint launched Restore Forward as a response and intervention for exactly these times. We are here for you, no matter what you choose. We will face these difficult times together, and have no doubt that our love and solidarity will be a source of comfort and strength.
- Individuals seeking to understand and cope with their own grief during wartime.
- Community leaders, counselors, and mental health professionals looking to support grieving individuals and communities.
- Activists, diplomats, and policymakers interested in promoting global healing and conflict resolution.
- Understand the personal dimensions of grief during wartime.
- Explore the dynamics of communal grief and the role of support networks.
- Discuss the global impact of war and strategies for promoting peace and justice.
- Develop coping mechanisms and strategies for healing at the individual, communal, and global levels.
- Encourage participants to engage in open dialogue and reflection about grief.